Friday, November 1, 2013

starbucks cup (video)

My official Halloween costume this year was a Starbucks Cup :) Follow the jump to see my costume and my almost costumes!





When I was deciding what to be for Halloween this year, I changed my mind about four times. Ever since last year, I have wanted to be Edward Scissorhands. So a few weeks ago, I came up with the outfit and makeup for that costume. Then, we decided we were going to hand out candy to the neighborhood kids, so I wanted to be something a little cuter and less scary. It was the night before halloween and I still had no clue what I was going to be. Then I decided I would be the obvious choice...a Starbucks cup! hahahah

Edward Scissorhands: so here is the costume I ended up not wearing but I did film the makeup process while I was playing around with it so here it is!

The makeup transformation video:




Starbucks Cup: My actual outfit! I only decided to do this the night before Halloween so I'm sure there are MANY different and better ways to make this outfit, but I thought I'd share how I made it on short notice with things I had around the house already. I will say, it was a very high maintenance and not the most comfortable outfit in the world but oh well it was fun! hahaha


Materials:

a skirt for the cup itself

I actually wore a tomato plant holder! Crazy (and uncomfortable) idea but it worked for what I had to work with haha:

Paper bag:

 I added strings to hold the cup up and make it stay on:

Like I said, there is probably a better way to put this all together, but this is how I held the skirt on:

I made the straw with construction paper and by pining fabric as whipped cream to a headband!




And how cute is Joy's costume: A black eyed pea!

Then we handed out candy, and I changed into cat ears because I couldn't sit in my costume hahaha

well that post turned out to be longer than I expected but I hope everyone had a happy halloween and now that it's over .... CHRISTMAS IS COMING! yayyy <3

xoxo